The Honeywell Lyric component integrates the Lyric thermostat platform into Home Assistant.
To set up this component, you will need to set up a developer account with Honeywell:
- Go to the developer site and register with an account.
- Next, create a new app via the
- App Name: You can use any name here.
- Callback URL: This needs to be the URL of your Home Assistant instance +
/auth/external/callback. For example:
Once your app is created, copy the
Consumer Key and
Consumer Secret. These will be your
client_secret to add to your configuration:
# Example configuration.yaml entry lyric: client_id: MY_CONSUMER_KEY client_secret: MY_CONSUMER_SECRET
You can then add the integration in the frontend.
Adding Honeywell Lyric to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Configuration.
- From the configuration menu select: Integrations.
Honeywell Lyric can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown in the top of the list of integrations as “Discovered”. If that is the case click on the Configure button to start setting up the discovered instance.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
- In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
- From the list, search and select “Honeywell Lyric”.
- Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.
After completing, the Honeywell Lyric integration will be immediately available for use.
This integration provides the following sensors:
|Indoor Temperature||The reported temperature from the device|
|Outdoor Temperature||Lyric’s outdoor temperature report|
|Outdoor Humidity||Lyric’s outdoor humidity|
|Next Period Time||The next time the thermostat will change|
|Setpoint Status||A description of the setpoint of the device|
Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page.