llamalab_automate platform uses Googles Cloud Messaging Services to push messages from Home Assistant to your Android device running the LlamaLab Automate app. This can serve as an alternative to Tasker + AutoRemote.
Go to https://llamalab.com/automate/cloud/ and create a new API key/secret.
To add Automate to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - name: NOTIFIER_NAME platform: llamalab_automate api_key: YOUR_API_KEY to: YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS
Setting the optional parameter
name allows multiple notifiers to be created. The notifier will bind to the service
- service: notify.entity_id data: message: "This is the message" data: priority: Normal
priority in the nested
data section is optional (default value: Normal).
Value “High” attempts to awaken the receiving device.
Receiving cloud messages in Automate:
- Add a new flow
- Insert block “Messaging -> Cloud message receive”
- Insert block “Interface -> Toast show”
- Connect OK from Flow beginning to IN of Cloud receive
- Connect OK from Cloud receive to Toast show
- Connect OK form Toast show to IN of Cloud receive
- Tap Cloud receive and select the E-Mail account as setup in your configuration
- Assign a variable name for the Payload
- Tap Toast show and set the message value to the variable you’ve specified
If you have multiple devices paired to one Google Mail account and want to control each instance of Automate individually, you can set the notifier to target a specific device. To determine your devices name, add a Cloud Message send block to your flow, tap it and scroll all the way to the bottom. Device names are case sensitive.
Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page.