The Islamic Prayer Times (
islamic_prayer_times) integration displays the various prayer times for Muslims as sensors.
This platform calculates prayer times using the following calculation methods:
- University of Islamic Sciences in Karachi
- Islamic Society of North America
- Muslim World League
- Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah
Adding Islamic Prayer Times to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
In the sidebar click on Settings.
From the configuration menu select: Devices & Services.
In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
From the list, search and select “Islamic Prayer Times”.
Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.
The following sensors are added by the integration:
- fajr: Show the fajr prayer time for today.
- sunrise: Show the sunrise for today which is the end of fajr prayer. This is a calculated field and may not necessarily be the same as the astronomical sunrise.
- dhuhr: Show the dhuhr prayer time for today.
- asr: Show the asr prayer time for today.
- maghrib: Show the maghrib prayer time for today.
- isha: Show the isha prayer time for today.
- midnight: Show the midnight for today which is the end of isha prayer. This is a calculated field and is not the same as 12AM.