The Islamic Prayer Times (
islamic_prayer_times) integration displays the various prayer times for Muslims as sensors.
This platform calculates prayer times using the following calculation methods:
- University of Islamic Sciences in Karachi
- Islamic Society of North America
- Muslim World League
- Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah
Adding Islamic Prayer Times to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Configuration.
- From the configuration menu select: Integrations.
- In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
- From the list, search and select “Islamic Prayer Times”.
- Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.
The following sensors are added by the integration:
- fajr: Show the fajr prayer time for today.
- sunrise: Show the sunrise for today which is the end of fajr prayer. This is a calculated field and may not necessarily be the same as the astronomical sunrise.
- dhuhr: Show the dhuhr prayer time for today.
- asr: Show the asr prayer time for today.
- maghrib: Show the maghrib prayer time for today.
- isha: Show the isha prayer time for today.
- midnight: Show the midnight for today which is the end of isha prayer. This is a calculated field and is not the same as 12AM.