The Islamic Prayer Times (
islamic_prayer_times) integration displays the various prayer times for Muslims as sensors.
This platform calculates prayer times using the following calculation methods:
- University of Islamic Sciences in Karachi
- Islamic Society of North America
- Muslim World League
- Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah
Set up the integration through Configuration -> Integrations -> Islamic Prayer Times. To import the configuration from
configuration.yaml remove any previously configured sensors with platform type
islamic_prayer_times and add the following lines:
# Example configuration.yaml entry islamic_prayer_times:
The following sensors are added by the integration:
- fajr: Show the fajr prayer time for today.
- sunrise: Show the sunrise for today which is the end of fajr prayer. This is a calculated field and may not necessarily be the same as the astronomical sunrise.
- dhuhr: Show the dhuhr prayer time for today.
- asr: Show the asr prayer time for today.
- maghrib: Show the maghrib prayer time for today.
- isha: Show the isha prayer time for today.
- midnight: Show the midnight for today which is the end of isha prayer. This is a calculated field and is not the same as 12AM.
# Example configuration.yaml using a non-default calculation method islamic_prayer_times: calculation_method: makkah