The Home Connect integration allows users to integrate their home appliances supporting the Home Connect standard for Bosch and Siemens using the official cloud API.
The integration will add one Home Assistant device for each connected home appliance which will have the following entities:
- A power switch
- If the device has programs, switches for each of the individual programs will be added. Note that program options cannot be configured currently.
- If the device has programs, a timestamp sensor for remaining time and a numeric sensor for the progress percentage.
- For hood’s functional light a light switch including brightness control will be added.
- For hood’s and dishwasher’s ambient light a light switch including brightness and color control will be added.
Note that it depends on the appliance and on API permissions which of the features are supported.
- Visit https://developer.home-connect.com and sign up for a developer account.
- Enter the email of your login for the original Home Connect App from Bosch/Siemens under “Default Home Connect User Account for Testing” in the sign up process.
- Under Applications, register a new App:
- Application ID: Home Assistant (or whatever name makes sense to you)
- OAuth Flow: Authorization Code Grant Flow
- Redirect URI:
If you don’t have My Home Assistant on your installation,
you can use
<HOME_ASSISTANT_URL>/auth/external/callback as the redirect URI
<HOME_ASSISTANT_URL> must be the same as used during the configuration/
Adding Home Connect to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
The integration configuration will ask for the Client ID and Client Secret created above. See Application Credentials for more details.