edl21 integration lets you read German EDL21 smart meters using SML from Home Assistant.
In order to connect to the smart meter, an infrared transceiver is required.
- Weidmann Elektronik Schreib-/Lesekopf USB
- USB IR Lesekopf EHZ Lese-Schreib-Kopf Volkszähler Hichi Smartmeter
Tested smart meters:
- APATOR Norax 3D (enable InF Mode as described in manual to retrieve full data)
- DZG DWS76 (enable InF as described in manual to retrieve full data)
- Iskraemeco MT175 (ISKRA MT175-D2A51-V22-K0t)
- EMH metering eHZ Generation K (enable InF as described in manual to retrieve full data)
- efr SGM-C4 (enable InF as described in manual to retrieve full data)
To set it up, add the following information to your
sensor: - platform: edl21 serial_port: /dev/ttyUSB0
To enable InF mode there are different steps needed based on the meter type but most commonly you have to enter the PIN you received from your grid operator. Once you have it, enter it into the meter and switch to the InF menu where you can switch from InF=Off to InF=On. Entering this can be done using a flashlight or (if available) via the physical button on the meter.
For the efr SGM-C4 it is:
- flashing three times to enter pin mode
- entering pin using quicker flashes, wait for 3 seconds for next digit
- pin accepted
- flashing 7 times to get to InF=OFF
- 5-second flash to switch to InF=OFF
You will now get more readings like current Power, Voltage, and phase angle. Some meters don´t have this, in that case only an overall reading is provided.
To use this integration with a remote transceiver you could use ser2net.
ser2net.conf configuration file:
2001:raw:0:/dev/ttyUSB0:9600 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT