The DNS IP integration will expose an IP address, fetched via DNS resolution (every 2 minutes), as its value. It provides both IPv4 and IPv6 lookup as separate sensors depending on accessibility to resolvers.
- When you enable the integration with the default value, it will query the OpenDNS nameservers with the hostname
myip.opendns.com, which will resolve to your external/public IP address.
- If you specify a
hostname, a regular DNS lookup will be performed, providing you the IP the hostname resolves to.
To add the DNS IP integration to your Home Assistant instance, use this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
Options for DNS IP can be set via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- Go to Settings > Devices & Services.
- If multiple instances of DNS IP are configured, choose the instance you want to configure.
- Select the integration, then select Configure.