Daikin has removed their local API in newer products. They offer a cloud API accessible only under NDA, which is incompatible with open source.
daikin integration integrates Daikin air conditioning systems into Home Assistant.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- The European versions of the Wifi Controller Unit (BRP069A41, 42, 43, 45), which is powered by the Daikin Online Controller application. The new version of WiFi Controller Unit BRP069Bxx is also confirmed to work, tested and working devices are the BRP069B41 and BRP069B45.
- The Australian version of the Daikin Wifi Controller Unit BRP072A42, which is operated by the Daikin Mobile Controller (Android version) application. Confirmed working on a Daikin Cora Series Reverse Cycle Split System Air Conditioner 2.5kW Cooling FTXM25QVMA with operation mode, temp, fan swing (3d, horizontal, vertical).
- BRP072Cxx based units (including Zena devices)*.
- The United States version of the Wifi Controller Unit (BRP069A43), which is powered by the Daikin Comfort Control application. Confirmed working on a Daikin Wall Unit FTXS15LVJU and a Floor Unit FVXS15NVJU with operation mode, temp, fan swing (3d, horizontal, vertical).
- The Australian version of the Daikin Wifi Controller for AirBase units (BRP15B61), which is operated by the Daikin Airbase application.
- SKYFi based units, which is operated by the SKYFi application*.
- The integration for BRP072Cxx and SKYFi based units need API-key / password respectively. The API-key/password can be found on a sticker under the front cover. The other models are auto detected and the API-key and password field must be left empty.
Adding Daikin AC to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
Daikin AC can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown as “Discovered”, which you can select to set it up right away.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
If your Daikin unit does not reside in the same network as your Home Assistant instance, i.e. your network is segmented, note that a couple of UDP connections are made during discovery:
- From Home Assistant to the Daikin controller:
- From the Daikin controller to Home Assistant:
If this situation applies to you, you may need to adjust your firewall(s) accordingly.
daikin climate platform integrates Daikin air conditioning systems into Home Assistant, enabling control of setting the following parameters:
- target temperature
- turn on/off
- fan mode (speed)
- swing mode
- set_preset_mode (away, none)
Current inside temperature is displayed.
Some models do not support setting of fan speed or swing mode.
Preset mode away translates to Daikin’s “Holiday Mode”:
“Holiday mode” is used when you want to turn off your units when you leave you home for a longer time.
When “Holiday mode” is enabled, the following action take place:
- All connected units are turned OFF.
- All schedule timers are disabled.
daikin sensor platform integrates Daikin air conditioning systems into Home Assistant, enabling displaying the following parameters:
- Inside temperature
- Outside temperature
- Inside humidity
- Total instant power consumption
- Hourly energy consumption in cool mode
- Hourly energy consumption in heat mode
- Outside compressor frequency
- Some models only report outside temperature when they are turned on.
- Some models does not have humidity sensor.
- Some models does not report the power/energy consumption.
- Some models does not report the compressor frequency.
- The ‘total’ power sensor is updated every time 100 Wh are consumed by all the AC summed together.
- The ‘cool/heat’ energy sensors are updated hourly with the previous hour energy consumption of a given mode and a given AC.
- The ‘cool’ mode also includes the ‘fan’ and ‘dehumidifier’ modes’ power consumption.
AirBase and SKYFi units exposes zones (typically rooms) that can be switched on/off individually.
Zones with the name
- will be ignored, just as the AirBase application is working.
Additionally the Daikin Streamer (air purifier) function can be toggled onsupported devices using a switch. Note that it isn’t currently possible to reliably detect whether a specific device has streamer support, so the switch may appear in the UI even if the functionality isn’t actually supported.
The European and United States controllers (Most likely the Australian controllers too) have an HTTP API endpoint that allows you to change the controllers region so that other regional apps can be used. (Sometimes these controllers get exported to regions that can not download the app for the controllers region.)
http://Daikin-IP-Address/common/set_regioncode?reg=XX Replace XX with your region code of choice.
Currently known region codes: