This integration adds support for Balboa Spa WiFi Modules to be used within Home Assistant.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Binary Sensor (Filter cycles and circulation pumps)
Adding Balboa Spa Client to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
Options for Balboa Spa Client can be set via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Settings.
- From the configuration menu select: Devices & Services.
- If multiple instances of Balboa Spa Client are configured, choose the instance you want to configure.
- Click on “Options”.
- The WiFi Module is a direct connection to the control panel of the spa. Certain combinations of settings are not possible due to limitations of the spa.
- Turning on certain pumps, depending on the spa configuration, may cause other pumps to come online as well.
- The spa WiFi Module will need to be configured initially by the phone app to authenticate and get an IP on your network.
- The WiFi Module will automatically disconnect from Home Assistant periodically, and then be automatically reconnected. The disconnect is built-in to the hardware.
If you have problems with Balboa or the integration you can add debug prints to the log.
logger: default: info logs: pybalboa: debug homeassistant.components.balboa: debug