Balboa Spa Client
This integration adds support for Balboa Spa WiFi Modules to be used within Home Assistant.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Binary Sensor (Filter cycles and circulation pumps)
Balboa Spa Client integration support local control of hot tub spas equipped with a Balboa BP system and a bwa™ Wi-Fi Module (50350).
Balboa Spa Client integration is not compatible with ControlMySpa™ cloud API used by Balboa ControlMySpa Gateway Ultra (59303).
Adding Balboa Spa Client to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
In the bottom right corner, select the Add Integration button.
From the list, select Balboa Spa Client.
Follow the instructions on screen to complete the setup.
Options for Balboa Spa Client can be set via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- Go to Settings > Devices & Services.
- If multiple instances of Balboa Spa Client are configured, choose the instance you want to configure.
- Select the cogwheel, then select Configure.
- The WiFi Module is a direct connection to the control panel of the spa. Certain combinations of settings are not possible due to limitations of the spa.
- Turning on certain pumps, depending on the spa configuration, may cause other pumps to come online as well.
- The spa WiFi Module will need to be configured initially by the phone app to authenticate and get an IP on your network.
- The WiFi Module will automatically disconnect from Home Assistant periodically, and then be automatically reconnected. The disconnect is built-in to the hardware.
If you have problems with Balboa or the integration you can add debug prints to the log.
logger: default: info logs: pybalboa: debug homeassistant.components.balboa: debug