The ASUSWRT integration can connect Home Assistant to a ASUS router that runs on ASUSWRT firmware.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Presence Detection - The ASUSWRT platform offers presence detection by looking at connected devices to a ASUSWRT based router.
- Sensor - The ASUSWRT sensor platform allows you to get upload and download data from your ASUSWRT within Home Assistant.
To add your ASUSWRT devices into your Home Assistant installation, go to:
Configuration -> Integrations in the UI, click the button with
+ sign and from the list of integrations select ASUSWRT.
You need to enable telnet on your router if you choose to use
These sensors are automatically created in status disabled and associated to the router device:
- Connected devices sensor
- Download sensor (unit_of_measurement: Gigabyte - Daily accumulation)
- Download Speed sensor (unit_of_measurement: Mbit/s)
- Upload sensor (unit_of_measurement: Gigabyte - Daily accumulation)
- Upload Speed sensor (unit_of_measurement: Mbit/s)
To use ASUSWRT sensors, simply enable them in the devices page.
It is possible to change some behaviors through the integration options. These can be changed at ASUSWRT -> Options on the Integrations page.
- Consider home: Number of seconds that must elapse before considering a disconnected device “not at home”
- Track unknown: Enable this option to track also devices that do not have a name. Name will be replaced by mac address.
- Interface: The interface that you want statistics from (e.g. eth0,eth1 etc)
- Dnsmasq: The location in the router of the dnsmasq.leases files
- Require IP: If devices must have IP (this option is available only for access point mode)
Note: if you don’t want to automatically track new detected device, disable the integration system option
Enable new added entities
The rt-n56u project does not store
dnsmasq.leases which is used to track devices at
asuswrt do. However this integration can still be used for the rt-n56u project by changing the dnsmasq location using the
dnsmasq variable to
Also, to get the statistics for the
WAN port, specify
interface: 'eth3' as this is the interface used in the rt-n56u project
Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page.