asuswrt integration is the main integration to connect to a ASUSWRT based router.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Presence Detection - The ASUSWRT platform offers presence detection by looking at connected devices to a ASUSWRT based router.
- Sensor - The ASUSWRT sensor platform allows you to get upload and download data from your ASUSWRT within Home Assistant.
To use an ASUSWRT router in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry asuswrt: host: YOUR_ROUTER_IP username: YOUR_ADMIN_USERNAME
The IP address of your router, e.g.,
The username of a user with administrative privileges, usually
The password for your given admin account (use this if no SSH key is given).
The protocol (
telnet) to use.
SSH port to use.
The operating mode of the router (
The path to your SSH private key file associated with your given admin account (instead of password).
If the router is in access point mode.
The interface of the router that you want statistics from (e.g. eth0,eth1 etc)
The location of the dnsmasq.leases files
List of enabled sensors
You need to enable telnet on your router if you choose to use
To enable ASUSWRT sensors as part of your installation, reference the following example configuration:
# Example configuration.yaml entry asuswrt: host: YOUR_ROUTER_IP username: YOUR_ADMIN_USERNAME ssh_key: /config/id_rsa sensors: - devices - upload - download - upload_speed - download_speed
The example above, creates the following sensors:
- sensor.asuswrt_download (unit_of_measurement: Gigabyte - Daily accumulation)
- sensor.asuswrt_download_speed (unit_of_measurement: Mbit/s)
- sensor.asuswrt_upload (unit_of_measurement: Gigabyte - Daily accumulation)
- sensor.asuswrt_upload_speed (unit_of_measurement: Mbit/s)
The rt-n56u project does not store
dnsmasq.leases which is used to track devices at
asuswrt do. However this integration can still be used for the rt-n56u project by changing the dnsmasq location using the
dnsmasq variable to
Also, to get the statistics for the
WAN port, specify
interface: 'eth3' as this is the interface used in the rt-n56u project