Home Assistant has a built-in component called
device_sun_light_trigger to help you automate your lights. The component will:
- Fade in the lights when the sun is setting and there are people home
- Turn on the lights when people get home after the sun has set
- Turn off the lights when all people leave the house
To enable this component, add the following lines to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry device_sun_light_trigger:
- light_group (Optional): Specify a specific light/group of lights that has to be turned on.
- light_profile (Optional): Specify which light profile to use when turning lights on.
- device_group (Optional): Specify which group of devices to track.
- disable_turn_off (Optional): Disable lights being turned off when everybody leaves the house.
A full configuration example could look like this:
# Example configuration.yaml entry device_sun_light_trigger: light_group: group.living_room light_profile: relax device_group: group.my_devices disable_turn_off: 1