alarmdecoder component will allow Home Assistant users who own either a DSC or Honeywell alarm panel to leverage their alarm system and its sensors to provide Home Assistant with rich information about their homes. Connectivity between Home Assistant and the alarm panel is accomplished through a device produced by Nu Tech Software Solutions, known as the AlarmDecoder. The AlarmDecoder devices provide a serial, TCP/IP socket or USB interface to the alarm panel, where it emulates an alarm keypad.
Please visit the AlarmDecoder website for further information about the AlarmDecoder devices.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Binary Sensor: Reports on zone status
- Sensor: Emulates a keypad display
- Alarm Control Panel: Reports on alarm status, and can be used to arm/disarm the system
This is a fully event-based component. Any event sent by the AlarmDecoder device will be immediately reflected within Home Assistant.
alarmdecoder section must be present in the
configuration.yaml file and contain the following options as required:
# Example configuration.yaml entry alarmdecoder: device: type: socket host: 192.168.1.20 port: 10000 panel_display: On zones: 01: name: 'Smoke Detector' type: 'smoke' rfid: '0123456' 02: name: 'Front Door' type: 'opening'
- type (Required): The type of AlarmDecoder device: socket, serial or USB
host (Optional): The IP address of the AlarmDecoder device on your home network, if using socket type. Default:
port (Optional): The port of the AlarmDecoder device on your home network, if using socket type. Default:
path (Optional): The path of the AlarmDecoder device, if using socket type. Default:
baudrate (Optional): The baud rate of the AlarmDecoder device, if using serial type. Default:
panel_display (Optional): Create a sensor called sensor.alarm_display to match the Alarm Keypad display. Default:
- zones (Optional): AlarmDecoder has no way to tell us which zones are actually in use, so each zone must be configured in Home Assistant. For each zone, at least a name must be given. For more information on the available zone types, take a look at the Binary Sensor docs. Note: If no zones are specified, Home Assistant will not load any binary_sensor components.
- rfid (Optional): The RF serial-number associated with RF zones. Providing this field allows Home Assistant to associate raw sensor data to a given zone, allowing direct monitoring of the state, battery, and supervision status.