clickatell platform uses Clickatell to deliver SMS notifications from Home Assistant.
Go to your Clickatell SMS Platform Portal section and create a new SMS integration. There are three screens of information required to create an integration. Please ensure the following:
- Give the new Integration an identification name.
- Ensure it is set for ‘production’ use.
- Select ‘HTTP’ as your API type.
- Ensure that the you select for the messaging type to be ‘one way messaging’.
- Be aware of the international number format option as this impacts the structure of the phone numbers you provide.
- Once you have completed entering your details an API key is generated. Copy the API key.
To add Clickatell to your installation, add the following to your Home Assistant
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - platform: clickatell name: USER_DEFINED_NAME api_key: CLICKATELL_API_KEY recipient: PHONE_NO
(string)(Optional)Setting the optional parameter name allows multiple notifiers to be created. The notifier will bind to the service notify.NOTIFIER_NAME.
Default value: clickatell
(string)(Required)Your Clicktell API key.
(string)(Required)Your phone number. This is where you want to send your notification SMS messages. e.g.,
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.