toon component platform can be used to control your Toon thermostat. This component adds a climate device for your Toon thermostat, sensors for power and gas consumption, sensors for solar production and several binary sensors for things like boiler burner on/off, hot tap water and boiler health status.
toon component to work, you’ll need an active Toon subscription with Eneco and a Toon API developer account.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Binary Sensor
In order to be able to use this component, you’ll need to sign up for a free Toon API developer account.
- Visit the Toon API developers website, and sign in. Create an account if you don’t have one already.
- Open the “My Apps” page and click on “Add a new App” button on the top right.
- The “Add App” page shows a form with two fields:
- App Name: Can be anything you like, for example, “Home Assistant” will just do.
Callback URL: Fill in
localhostin this field.
- Click on “Create App” to complete the creation process.
- Open the “My Apps” page again and click on the app that you’ve just created.
- You need the codes now shown: “Consumer Key” and “Consumer Secret”.
- Add the Toon component to your
configuration.yamland restart Home Assistant. Then, go to
Configuration > Integrationsand select
CONFIGUREnext to Toon and follow the setup instructions.
To use your Toon in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry toon: client_id: YOUR_CONSUMER_KEY client_secret: YOUR_CONSUMER_SECRET
toon climate platform allows you to interact with your Toon thermostat. For compatibility reasons, the states in Home Assistant are different from the states displayed on your Toon device and are mapped as follows:
It also supports setting the temperature manually.
The Toon API is polled at a 300-second interval, so the status is relatively fresh without overloading the API.