A checklist of things to do when you’re adding a new component.
Not all existing platforms follow the requirements in this checklist. This cannot be used as a reason to not follow them!
- Requirement version pinned:
REQUIREMENTS = ['phue==0.8.1']
- We no longer want requirements hosted on GitHub. Please upload to PyPi.
- Requirements should only be imported inside functions. This is necessary because requirements are installed on the fly.
- Voluptuous schema present for config validation
- Default parameters specified in voluptuous schema, not in
- Schema using as many generic config keys as possible from
- If your component has platforms, define a
PLATFORM_SCHEMAinstead of a
- If using a
PLATFORM_SCHEMAto be used with
EntityComponent, import base from
- Never depend on users adding things to
customizeto configure behavior inside your component.
- If you need to share global data with platforms, use the dictionary
XYis the component is preferred over
- If the component fetches data that causes its related platform entities to update, you can notify them using the dispatcher code in