The Home Assistant for iOS app offers a companion app for iOS which is deeply integrated into both Home Assistant and iOS. Its basic features include:
- Advanced push notifications
- Location tracking
- Basic control of all Home Assistant entities
- Integration with third party apps
The app is available on the iOS App Store in every country that Apple supports.
- iOS device running at least iOS 9, but iOS 10 is greatly preferred.
- Home Assistant 0.42.4 or higher for push notification support.
- SSL is strongly recommended. Self-signed SSL certificates will not work due to Apple’s limitations.
ios component is the companion component for the Home Assistant iOS app. While not required, adding the
ios component to your setup will greatly enhance the iOS app with new notification, location and sensor functions not possible with a standalone app.
The Home Assistant for iOS app supports the new authentication system introduced in Home Assistant 0.77.
ios component will automatically be loaded under the following circumstances:
discoverycomponent is enabled.
- You have just installed the app and are at the getting started screen.
Automated discovery and component loading only happens at first install of the app. You may need to wait a few minutes for the iOS component to load as the
discovery component only scans the network every 5 minutes.
After the first automated setup you need to add
ios: to your configuration so that the component loads by default even after restarting Home Assistant.
You may also manually load the
ios component by adding the following to your configuration:
# Example configuration.yaml entry ios:
(list)(Optional)Actionable push notifications configuration. See the actionable notifications documentation for more information.