This script was only use for 0.36 release cycle!
Starting with 0.36 the InfluxDB component has a new schema to store values in the InfluxDB databases.
- There will no longer be any tags/fields named
- All numeric fields (int/float/bool) will be stored as float inside InfluxDB database.
- All string fields corresponding to state attributes will be renamed as
FIELDNAMEis the state attribute, to avoid type conflicts.
- All string fields corresponding to a state will be renamed as
- Fields named
valuewill always be stored as float.
- Fields named
statewill always be stored as string.
If you need to migrate your database, you may require to run the
influxdb_migrator script. Run the script after upgrade to 0.36 but before the first regular start of
hass version 0.36.
These are the steps the script will perform:
- Create a new database (called
DBNAME__old) to store old data.
- Copy data from
DBNAMEdatabase is now considered as the new database.
- For each measurement of
- Read all points from the current measurement (in groups of 1000 points by default) and convert them.
- Send group of points to
- Delete the
DBNAME__olddatabase if needed.
Example to run the script:
$ hass --script influxdb_migrator \ -H IP_INFLUXDB_HOST -u INFLUXDB_USERNAME -p INFLUXDB_PASSWORD \ -d INFLUXDB_DB_NAME
required arguments: -d dbname, --dbname dbname InfluxDB database name optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -H host, --host host InfluxDB host address -P port, --port port InfluxDB host port -u username, --username username InfluxDB username -p password, --password password InfluxDB password -s step, --step step How many points to migrate at the same time -o override_measurement, --override-measurement override_measurement Store all your points in the same measurement -D, --delete Delete old database
- If you run the script with only the
-hoption, you will get a help printout with a short explanation of the different options.
- The host option defaults to
- The port option defaults to
- You should be able to omit username and password if InfluxDB authentication is disabled, which it is by default.
- The step option defaults to