The ComEd Hourly Pricing program is an optional program available to ComEd electric subscribers which charges customers a variable rate for electricity supply based on current demand rather than a traditional fixed rate. Live prices are published here and also via an API which we can integrate as a sensor in Home Assistant.
There are two price feeds available: the 5-minute price and current hour average price.
To use this sensor in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: comed_hourly_pricing monitored_feeds: - type: five_minute - type: current_hour_average
monitored_feeds array (Required): Feeds to monitor.
type (Required): Name of the feed.
- five_minute: The latest 5-minute price in cents.
- current_hour_average: The latest current hour average price in cents.
- name (Optional): Custom name for the sensor.
- offset (Optional): The pricing feeds provide only the supply cost of the electricity. The offset parameter allows you to provide a fixed constant that will be added to the pricing data to provide a more accurate representation of the total electricity cost per kWh.
- type (Required): Name of the feed.