knx light component is used as in interface to switching/light actuators.
knx component must be configured correctly, see KNX Component.
To use your KNX light in your installation, add the following lines to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry light: - platform: knx name: Kitchen-Light-1 address: '1/0/9' brightness_address: '1/0/11'
- name (Optional): A name for this device used within Home Assistant.
- address: KNX group address for switching the light on and off.
- brightness_address (Optional): KNX group address for dimming light.
- state_address (Optional): separate KNX group address for retrieving the switch state of the light.
- brightness_state_address (Optional): separate KNX group address for retrieving the dimmed state of the light.
- color_address (Optional): separate KNX group address for setting the color of the light.
Some KNX devices can change their state internally without any messages on the KNX bus, e.g., if you configure a timer on a channel. The optional
state_address can be used to inform Home Assistant about these state changes. If a KNX message is seen on the bus addressed to the given state address, this will overwrite the state of the switch object.
For switching/light actuators that are only controlled by a single group address and can’t change their state internally, you don’t have to configure the state address.